Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Passion for Politics: Canada Style!

I know that this is a risky topic, but this blog is for me to talk about what's on my mind. 
As I mentioned before, I am passionate about politics...a regular news junkie one might say. 
I believe strongly in being informed and I do what I need to do to keep informed. 
(not too hard since, unfortunately, I'm a SAHW)

My deepest shame is that I am a former "99er".  Laid off one day before our 1 year anniversary...oh, the memories...(<--- insert sarcasm, haha!). 
Obviously, my story is unique and I may or may not share it here.

Anyhoo, given my personal story/situation, I think it's made me more aware of what's happening.
And for the last three days our President has been on a bus tour...
2 customized buses that cost $2.2 million (fine-ish)...(I won't get into why it's only "fine-ish" to me) 
Ok, fine. Yes I will.  This is a campaign bus tour, whether the administration is calling it that or not.  It should be funded by his astronomical war chest meant for campaign purchases NOT taxpayer money.
But, the White House is calling it an official business trip so....there you have it.
The American people are paying for this trip..

I want our President to be safe, of course! No doubt about it!
But he put $2.2 million into the CANADIAN economy instead of OUR economy! 
He bought buses from CANADA!  WTF?!
Why wouldn't he put AMERICANS to work when it came to those buses?! 
They obviously had to be customized for security purposes.. 
The unemployment rate in this country is 9.1%!
And the economy sucks!  That money would have much better spent in the good 'ole US of A!!
Not smart...in my opinion.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment