Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Help

I jumped on The Help bandwagon a little late, but I am SO glad I did! 

It was the first book I bought on my fancy new iPad and after a couple hours I started to feel guilty for monopolizing the new family toy.  But, I just couldn't put it down!  I was sucked in from the very first page.
I finished it about a month ago and anxiously awaited the movie.

I was worried about the movie because the book was so good.  And, as we all know, the movie never lives up.  Then, when I started seeing ads for the movie I thought that there was no way that it could capture the emotion that the book evoked.  The commericials seemed light and airy when the book was heavy and serious.
Being the lucky girl that I am, The Mr. suggested that we make a date night out of it and have dinner then see The Help.  Honestly, I loved it! (so did he!)  The book captured the emotion perfectly. 
And when Aibileen tells Mae Mobley "You are kind, you are smart, you are important." the tears just came.
(I'm a crier, so that comes as no surprise!)
The Help is definitely a new favorite of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment